Water is a vital need of a human being as one cannot survive without it. Rohingya refugee in Bangladesh along with the host community people, for a long time, has no access to a direct clean, and safe potable water supply.
The water supply for the Rohingya always remains an issue for both the Rohingya and the local community. The Rohingya people are compelled to be using the unsafe water for their daily use as enough water supply is not available. The rate of water-borne disease is alarming in camps and the local area. The Rohingya and the community have suffered from a lack of water, especially in the dry season, which lasts from March to September.
• The project will provide a ready flow of water for use by the Rohingya, and the local community.
• Improved health and sanitation of the general populations
• Improve better health and reduce water carrying burdens, especially for girls.
Desired Impact And Outcome Of The Project
• This project will benefit the Rohingya and Local community and provide an ample supply of water.
• It will solve the Health, Sanitation, and Hygiene of all communities.
• Safe and acceptable water for human consumption is a crucial prerequisite for a human being.
• Access to safe water is not only fundamental to good health but also to satisfactory livelihood, dignity and prospects for economic growth and education
Risk Management Plan
• The water pump would vary according to place and need.
• Proper survey should have been done before installing any pumps.
• The significant physical exertion required for water supply and relatively high cost in installing.
• Difficulty of obtaining needed equipment, materials or spare parts
Water Pump is the most economical and simple solution for providing a collective supply of water in the camps. This will also help to eliminate the risk of young girls going a long distance to collect water and in the use of water in distant areas and of uncertain cleanliness, thereby limiting diseases associated with contaminated water. Thus, Sanitation and Hygiene of the school will be improved.